AZP News

Venezuelan Baby, Mother now in State Quarantine at Chaguaramas

Spread the love

 

A four-month-old Venezuelan baby is taken into state quarantine along with his mother and sister.

This was in keeping with an order made by Justice Avason Quinlan-Williams during a virtual hearing in the Port-of-Spain High Court on Wednesday.

The Venezuelans had initially illegally landed in Trinidad last week Wednesday and legal proceedings were also filed to preventĀ  them from being deported. They were escorted out of Trinidad and Tobago waters on Sunday, but returned to Los Iros Beach on Tuesday.

And on Wednesday, attorney Gerald Ramdeen filed a constitutional motion and also asked for an injunction restraining the state from deporting the baby and his relatives.

This is a paid political advertisement

The matter was filed on behalf of baby Felix Marcano by his father Zaid Juesus Marcano Contrera.

In a release on Thursday, Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi said even before the matter was called, the state had given a voluntary undertaking to stay any deportation order until the pending and determination of the constitutional motion.

Al-Rawi took issue with the lead story in the Trinidad Guardian on Thursday which stated that the claimantā€™s attorneys were ā€œsuccessful in blocking the authoritiesā€ and that the Judge ā€œgranted an injunction stopping a second deportation.ā€

https://www.pestextt.com/
Click on ad to visit website

In his release, Al-Rawi said, ā€œThere was therefore, no argument before the judge on the question of deportation and no injunction was granted ā€˜blockingā€™ State authorities or otherwise.

ā€œThe only issue which was argued before the learned Judge was the question of quarantine, with regard to which the attorney generalā€™s argument that the minor must be placed in State quarantine in the care of his mother was accepted and an order made in such terms.

https://www.facebook.com/Corporate-Multimedia-Marketing-210622955785193

ā€œThe State adopted this position out of respect for the court process as per the normal course of dealings for this Government, whilst continuing to protect the public health of Trinidad and Tobago.ā€

The baby, his mother and sister have been taken to the State quarantine facility at the heliport in Chaguaramas.

The other Venezuelans who had arrived with them on Tuesday were being detained at the Erin Police Station where relatives were visiting and carrying food and clothing.

Ver la historia en EspaƱol abajo

BebƩ Venezolano y Madre Ahora En Cuarentena Estatal En Chaguaramas

Un bebƩ venezolano de cuatro meses fue puesto en cuarentena estatal junto con su madre y su hermana.

Esto fue debido a una orden emitida por el juez Avason Quinlan-Williams durante una audiencia virtual en el Tribunal Superior de Puerto EspaƱa el miƩrcoles.

Los venezolanos habƭan entrado ilegalmente inicialmente en Trinidad el miƩrcoles de la semana pasada y ese dƭa tambiƩn se iniciaron procedimientos legales para evitar que fuesen deportados.

Fueron escoltados fuera de las aguas de Trinidad y Tobago el domingo, pero regresaron a la playa de Los Iros el martes.

Y el miĆ©rcoles, el abogado Gerald Ramdeen presentĆ³ una mociĆ³n constitucional y tambiĆ©n pidiĆ³ una orden judicial que impida al estado deportar al bebĆ© y sus familiares.

El caso fue presentado en nombre del bebƩ FƩlix Marcano por su padre Zaid Juesus Marcano Contrera.

En un comunicado el jueves, el Fiscal General Faris Al-Rawi dijo que incluso antes de que el caso fuese llamado, el estado se habĆ­a comprometido voluntariamente a suspender cualquier orden de deportaciĆ³n hasta que la mociĆ³n constitucional que estĆ” pendiente se determine.

https://www.facebook.com/cxc.masters
Click on advertisement to visit Facebook page of CXC Masters

Al-Rawi discrepĆ³ con la historia principal del Trinidad Guardian el jueves, que decĆ­a que los abogados del demandante “lograron bloquear a las autoridades” y que el juez “otorgĆ³ una orden judicial para detener una segunda deportaciĆ³n”.

En su comunicado Al-Rawi dijo: ā€œPor lo tanto, no hubo discusiĆ³n ante el juez sobre el caso de la deportaciĆ³n y no se otorgĆ³ ninguna orden judicial de ‘bloqueo’ a las autoridades estatales o de otro tipo.

ā€œEl Ćŗnico tema que se argumentĆ³ ante el juez erudito fue el caso de la cuarentena, respecto de la cual se aceptĆ³ el argumento del fiscal general de que el menor debe ser puesto en cuarentena estatal al cuidado de su madre y se dictĆ³ una orden en tales tĆ©rminos.

ā€œEl Estado adoptĆ³ esta posiciĆ³n por respeto al proceso judicial como parte del curso normal de las gestiones de este Gobierno, sin dejar de proteger la salud pĆŗblica de Trinidad y Tobagoā€.

El bebƩ, su madre y su hermana han sido trasladados al centro estatal de cuarentena en el helipuerto de Chaguaramas. Los otros venezolanos que habƭan llegado con ellos el martes estaban detenidos en la comisarƭa de Erin, donde los familiares los visitaban y llevaban comida y ropa.

Translated by Yn Rampersad for AZPNews.com

Ver traducciĆ³n de historia relacionada abajo:

4 Month Baby Among Venezuelans who Return to Los Iros

US Ambassador Blames Maduro for State of Venezuela

Rowley: T&T Borders Could be Prised Open to Allow Human Trafficking

 

 

 

Loading

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *