AZP News

" All the News you need from A to Z "

" All the News you need from A to Z "

Shooting at The Residence: 1 Dead, 2 Wounded

  By Prior Beharry ONE man is dead and two others critically wounded after a shooting outside The Residence nightclub at One Woodbrook Place in Woodbrook around 2 am on Saturday. Police said dead is Nihkil Luthra who succumbed to his injuries at the Port of Spain General Hospital. He was shot in the head. […]Read More

10,000 Tickets Issued for Speeding, Cellphones

  By Prior Beharry POLICE officers have issued more than 7,000 tickets for speeding and a further 3,000 for cellphone use while driving for the year thus far. In a release on Friday, the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) stated that Senior Superintendent Traffic and Highway Patrol Branch Senior Superintendent Wayne Mystar warned drivers […]Read More

Saturday’s Weather: Chance of Isolated Thunderstorm Activity

FORECAST: Partly cloudy/cloudy periods with showers. There is also a medium-high (60 to 70%) chance of isolated thunderstorm activity. Tonight will be generally settled apart from showers over a few areas and the low (30%) chance of the odd isolated thunderstorm. The remainder of Lesser Antilles: Partly cloudy at times with isolated showers. Caution: An […]Read More

Make the State Liable for Non-Repair of Roads

    IN the last two decades or so, I can’t say I have seen our road network in a more deplorable state than it is now. Manoeuvring the depressions, potholes and uneven surfaces is making driving incredibly stressful and even dangerous. A huge part of the problem is that we have failed to follow […]Read More

Adverse Weather Alert Starts at 5 am Saturday

THE Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service (TTMS) issues an adverse weather alert – Yellow Level from Saturday at 5 am to Sunday at 6 pm. TTMS stated, “With significant rainfall accumulation over Tobago in the past 24 hours, additional rainfall is expected during the morning hours of Saturday (13th) due to the passage of a […]Read More

Unions Protest against 4% in POS

By Chantalé Fletcher IN a myriad of colours, thousands of trade union members marched through the streets of Port of Spain on Friday, rejecting the CPO’s 4% increase wage offer. Gathering at the Brian Lara Promenade from 9 am, the gathering included members of the Joint Trade Union Movement (JTUM),  National Trade Union Centre (NATUC), […]Read More

Letter to Editor: Support Local

‘What do sandwiches with artificial meats have over a sada roti and pumpkin or bhagi rice, sweet potatoes and roasted chicken?’   WHEN we understand that supporting local prevents poverty and keeps the wealth amongst our vulnerable and in the end sustains wide groups of our brothers and sisters, only then will we begin on […]Read More

Commentary: Paving Our Parks

A WALK-through Port of Spain, Newtown and Woodbrook can take you to several beautiful green spaces which we call parks and squares. These are all in danger of disappearing to be replaced by paved areas and buildings.  Two examples to support this statement are the fact that approximately three acres of the Queens Park Savannah […]Read More

20 Make it to Poetry Slam Semis

By Sue-Ann Wayow THE 2022 First Citizens National Poetry Slam Competition is into the second-round stage of its competition and 20 top performers are through to the semi-finals. The competition is hosted in collaboration with Bocas Lit Fest. Bocas Lit Fest in a recent press release stated that 80 persons had stepped up to the challenge to deliver a repertoire […]Read More

CSEC, CAPE Results by September 5

EXAMINATION results for the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) and Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) 2022 exams  will be available to candidates on September 5. Students will be able to access their results online via cxc.org. In a release on Thursday, the Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) stated that the Regional  Ministries of Education will receive […]Read More