AZP News

Concrete Louvers for POS School

Share
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Digiqole ad

 

PORT-OF-SPAIN – CONCRETE louvers will be installed at the South East Port-of-Spain Sec­ondary School (SE­POS).

The announcement from Education Minister Anthony Garcia comes months af­ter a stray bul­let that was fired during a gang war­fare in the area en­tered a class­room.

Speaking at a news conference on Friday at his Ministry, Garcia said, “To­wards the end of last year teach­ers were in up­roar over the fact that a bul­let en­tered the class­room much to the fear of stu­dents and teach­ers and as a re­sult teach­ers in de­fence of their safe­ty de­cid­ed they were not go­ing to work un­der these con­di­tions.”

https://www.facebook.com/cxc.masters

Permanent Secretary in the Education Ministry Kurt Mey­er said, “Ba­si­cal­ly what we’ve done is put con­crete lou­vres on the north and east­ern blocks and fourth, third and sec­ond floor be­cause the north block is where the pro­jec­tile came from.”

Gar­cia said this school was among three which will not be opened at the be­gin­ning of the new term next week.

The oth­er schools were the Cou­va West Sec­ondary School and the Ed­in­burgh Gov­ern­ment Pri­ma­ry School.

The Ed­u­ca­tion Min­is­ter said over 77 mil­lion dol­lars had been spent on re­pair works in 2019 but due to the scopes of work at the three schools, more time was need­ed to make them ready for occupation.

 

Digiqole ad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *