Six people including a woman, have been charged for the murders of Kenny Wolfe and James Fergusson, in Tobago on July 21.
A seventh man was charged for possession of a stolen vehicle, a firearm and ammunition.
- Jason Caesar aka “Poi” for two counts of murder and possession of firearm and Possession of Ammunition
- Anderson Belgrave aka “Skull” for two counts of murder
- Treston Reno aka “Yankee” for two counts of murder, possession of firearm and possession of ammunition
- Denzil Turpin for two counts of murder
- Nicholas Cowan aka “Bulls” for two counts of murder
- Gilisa Bonas for two counts of murder and possession of marijuana
- Kervis Taylor aka “Shotter” was charged for possession of a stolen motor vehicle, possession of firearm and possession of ammunition.
Wolfe and James were driving in a vehicle along St Cecelia Road when another vehicle, heading in the opposite direction with false number plates crashed into them.
This is a aid political advertisement
Two men exited and fired shots at the victims before fleeing in a Toyota Aqua vehicle.
Police were contacted and upon arrival, they found the lifeless bodies of Wolfe and Fergusson down a precipice.
An investigation was launched after which the suspects were held and subsequently charged for the offences.
The seven accused, aged 21 to 34, appeared before Magistrate Joanne Connor at the Scarborough Magistrates’ Virtual First Court on Monday and the matters were postponed to September 1.
Acting Deputy Commissioner Mc Donald Jacob said the arrests followed extensive investigations by various sections and units in the TTPS.
He pointed out there had been a drastic increase in murders being solved as a result of a new approach in the use of technology as directed by Commissioner of Police, Gary Griffith.
Mr. Jacob said apart from the increase in detection, there had been 55 murders less this year than over the corresponding period in 2019.
He also revealed there had been an overall 25 percent decrease in serious crimes