CNC3 Morning Brew talk show host Natalee Legore has no reason to apologise to the opposition United National Congress (UNC).
This is the view of the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the People’s National Movement (PNM) Laurel Lezama-Lee Sing.
Her counterpart UNC PRO Dr Kirk Meighoo on Thursday called on Legore to apologise for what he termed “offensive remarks” that the UNC tried to encourage the chaos at the US Capitol on Wednesday.
In a release on Friday Lezama-Lee Sing said, “I have taken note of the opposition’s call to relieve a particular morning show host of her duties from a certain TV station.
“Meanwhile, they should really worry about their plagiarists, matters before the court- current and upcoming – and most importantly, their 13th successive, imminent election loss.”
She said the UNC should forget about its claims re:
- the alleged ballot box under the altar in St Joseph;
- the alleged ballots found by a former UNC MP;
- blood flowing on the streets of T&T;
- making the country ungovernable; and
- not supporting legislation for the past 5.5 years
Lezama-Lee Sing said the people have not forgotten:
- the state of emergency;
- section 34;
- life sport (money and lives);
- international disgrace (atm comment/3 little birds dance off);
- acknowledging self proclaimed leaders in sovereign states;
- writing to the big bad Uncle Sam apparently to sanction this country; and
- attempts to rattle independent institutions in the country
She said, “Apologize for what, sorry?
“Talk about misplaced priorities, and a party with nothing to offer the country.”