EIGHT more people have tested positive for Covid-19.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases in Trinidad and Tobago to 225, with 15 recorded in less than 24 hours.
This is a paid political advertisement
The Health Ministry in its latest clinical update stated that the new cases were pending epidemiological investigation.
To date, the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) and the UWI site have tested 10,270 samples.
This is paid political advertisement
As Covid-19 cases continue to rise daily, members of the public were reminded to adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations.
They were also advised to and take the personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from Covid-19.
Here’s a list of precautions:
1. Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
2. Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
3. Stay home if you are ill
4. Clean then sanitize surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
5. Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
6. Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow
7.Avoid touching your face
Also, citizens are advised to call 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) if they or their loved ones develop symptoms of Covid-19.
For people who are severely ill, they are asked to call the emergency hotline 811 or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of their nearest Hospital.