Finance Minister Colm Imbert said Trinidad and Tobago citizens will able to access the Salary Relief Grant online.
This is one measure the Government has implemented to deal with the Covid-19 threat to the country.
Imbert said two groups of people will be eligible for this grant in the first phase– people terminated involuntarily and those who have had their income suspended without pay.
But he said the termination or suspension must have taken place after March 19 and applicants must have no other source of income and were permanent citizens of TT between the ages of 18 to 65.
The documents required are a completed application form to be obtained on the NIB website, www.nibtt.net. It must then be printed, scanned and emailed when completed with the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The documents required include:
- a completed application form,
- a copy of national identification card/driver’s permit/passport,
- proof of citizenship (National ID card) or permanent residence in TT,
- last pay slip issued in the month preceding or the month of termination or suspension and
- a recent bank or credit union statement.
The grant is $1500 per month and will be paid for up to three months-April, May & June, in the first instance.