BARCELONA forward Lionel Messi has won the Ballon d’Or for a record sixth time.
Messi won the prestigious prize with Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk second and Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo third.
Liverpool stars Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah placed fourth and fifth, while the side’s goalkeeper Alisson came in seventh, having won the Yachine Trophy earlier in the evening.
The 2019 Ballon d’Or top ten:
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina)
2. Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool and Netherlands)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus and Portugal)
4. Sadio Mane (Liverpool and Senegal)
5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt)
6. Kylian Mbappe (Paris St-Germain and France)
7. Alisson (Liverpool and Brazil)
8. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich and Poland)
9. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City and Portugal)
10. Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City and Algeria)