ST ANN’S – THE Trinidad and Tobago Government will donate US$500,000 to help relief efforts in Bahamas in the wake of Hurricane Dorian.
Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley made the announcement on Thursday at the weekly post-Cabinet media briefing at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s.
He said the Government would also deploy 100 soldiers and seven T&TEC technicians.
Rowley said the Bahamas “will take a generation to recover from the destruction caused by Dorian, a Category 5 hurricane which ravaged the islands of Abaco and Grand Bahama earlier this week.”
The island recorded 20 deaths with many more reported missing.