PRIVATE laboratories are being asked to submit documents to the Office of the Chief Medical Officer to be validated to do Covid-19 testing.
The Ministry of Health and the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) issued a joint release on Thursday to clarify the process.
The release stated: “In this regard, the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) will provide technical oversight to the process which will be led by the Ministry of Helath. Also, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) will assist in quality control/ quality assessment to build a quality assurance programme and involve Trinidad and Tobago in a global external quality assessment (EQA).
All private laboratories that wish to be assessed are asked to submit the following information to the Office of the Chief Medical Officer, Ministry of Health:
- The name of owner(s) of the laboratory
- The name of the laboratory, and address
- Contact details (email address and phone number(s)
- The necessary technical documentation detailing the types of tests being conducted
- The name and designation of the personnel conducting the COVID-19 tests
Representatives of private labs can call the Office of the Chief Medical Officer at 627-0010 ext. 1616 or mail submissions and queries to:
The Office of the Chief Medical Officer,
Ministry of Health,
#63 Park Street,
Port of Spain