THE Passport Office at 67 Frederick Street in Port-of-Spain will be relocated to 3 to 9 Richmond Street.
A release from the Ministry of National Security stated that the relocation will take place form Monday (June 8).
Regarding passport appointment, the release stated:
- The previous call-in system used to make appointments via telephone number (868) 225-4664, has been discontinued.
- Passport appointments will now be facilitated online via the website ttpassport.info.
- Nationals seeking an appointment to apply for a first-issue Machine Readable Passport or for a renewal, will be required to book their appointment online, going forward.
The release stated that people with confirmed passport appointments from Monday June 08, 2020 are asked to keep their appointment.
Applicants should come to the appointment venue no earlier than ten minutes before the scheduled time as only a limited number will be allowed into the offices at a time, in keeping with Government’s precautionary measures aimed at mitigating the spread of Covid-19.
People who missed their passport appointment during the period March 31, 2020 to June 05, 2020, will be accommodated from Monday June 15, 2020 utilising a daily alphabetical system.
The temporary alphabetical system will be utilised at all Immigration (passport) offices as follows:
- Mondays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters A to D
- Tuesdays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters E to K
- Wednesdays: Persons with surnames starting with the lettersL to Q
- Thursdays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters R to T
- Fridays: Persons with surnames starting with the letters U to Z
It noted that Only people who missed passport appointments due to the stay-at-home measures during the period March 31, 2020 to June 05, 2020 will be accommodated using this temporary system.
These persons are urged to visit the Immigration office most convenient to them as soon as possible, with all the required documentation to apply for a passport.
All applicants must produce their appointment reference number in order to be accommodated under the temporary system.
Persons not in possession of all the required documents when they visit immigration offices will be directed to schedule a new appointment.
Expedited passport applications will only be facilitated at the Immigration office located at Government Campus Plaza, 3 to 9 Richmond Street, Port-of-Spain, the release stated.
Persons with queries related to passport services can contact the Immigration Division via email address firstname.lastname@example.org