Executive Director of 103.1 FM Jason Corbie
By Prior Beharry
RADIO 103.1FM launches a new version of its Chutney Soca Road March Competition.
On Wednesday, Executive Director of 103.1FM Jason Corbie said, “The clear objective of this initiative is the achievement of shaping and setting greater industry standards.”
The announcement was made live on air and on social media.
Corbie said producers were given criteria for selection and were asked to inform artistes of the guidelines so as to be considered.
He said, “Artistes would have submitted their songs and our management team would have reviewed all songs received.
“The songs that qualified were then shortlisted; the artistes contacted and with their approval, were entered into the competition.
“The selected 12 artistes will be given promotion on radio, our website and on our Facebook, Instagram and Youtube platforms.
“No Staff including announcers were allowed to enter.”
The criteria for judging are:
- Voting will be conducted in four categories:
- Online via our Website
- Social Media via likes and reactions
- Announcers Submissions
- And an Independent Panel
Also present were other members of the 103FM management team – Geeta Harrylal, Gyan Ramlogan, Amrit Maharaj and Rodney Elahie – who announced the 12 contenders.
Corbie said the process for selection was unbiased and transparent and there would be cash prizes for first, second and third places.
The 12 contestants are:
- Daddy Chinee – Mera Naam;
- Sangeeta Harrypersad – Chutney Fever;
- Amit Sagram – Goodiya Hamar;
- Anthony Baston – Mr Beharry;
- Neeshad Sultan – Bring D’Roti;
- Cheris Ragoonanan and Ravi Babooram – Chitawaniya;
- Rishi Nowbutt – Sa Sou;
- Jairam Dindial – The Cow Kick Down the Bucket Ah Milk;
- Dubraj Persad – Shaadi Karo;
- Reshma Ramlal – Fluffy Man;
- Rizaan Ali and Theatrics- Sawati; and
- Dereck Seales – Chamkay.