AZP News

 Case Against Spacey Dropped

Actor Kevin Spacey (FilmMagic)

Case Against Spacey Dropped

Share
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
https://www.facebook.com/allthatjazzfashiontt
Actor Kevin Spacey. Photo Credit (FilmMagic)

THE sexual assault case against Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey has been dropped, according to Massachusetts prosecutors and reported in the New York Post.

The decision was made “due to the unavailability of the complaining witness,” said Dukes County District Attorney Michael O’Keefe in a document filed on Wednesday.

Spacey, 59, had been accused of groping an 18-year-old man in July 2016.

The former busboy refused to speak in court earlier this month  — invoking the Fifth Amendment after being questioned by the House of Cards star’s lawyer about text and Snapchat messages that could prove the actor’s innocence.

He initially denied deleting the messages, which — according to Spacey’s attorney Alan Jackson — could possibly prove he consented.

“This entire case is completely compromised,” Jackson said in court  “This case needs to be dismissed and I believe it should be dismissed today.”

A hearing had been set for July 31 before prosecutors decided to drop the case on Wednesday. The family of Spacey’s accuser has also dropped its civil case against him “with prejudice,” meaning the matter cannot be revisited in court.

Their lawyer, Mitchell Garabedian, told reporters that the family made the move because of the “emotional roller coaster” they had been on.

They’ve insisted that the case was not dropped due to a settlement.

https://www.facebook.com/allthatjazzfashiontt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *