FOLLOWING a number of vaping-related deaths, US Preisdent Donald Trump says his administration will band flavoured e-cigarettes.
He made the announcement at the White House on Wednesday with US Health Secretary Alex Azar
Trump said vaping was a “new problem,” especially for children.
Azar said the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) would finalise a plan to take all non-tobacco flavours off the market, US media reported.
There have been six deaths and 450 reported cases of lung illness tied to vaping across 33 states, according to the BBC.
Many of the reported cases of lung illness were young people with an average age of 19.
Earlier this month, Michigan became the first US state to ban flavoured e-cigarettes.
According to the BBC, Azar said it would take the FDA several weeks to distribute the new guidance on e-cigarettes.