ALMOST 3,500 tests for Covid-19 have been taken in Trinidad and Tobago.
According to the Ministry of Health update (#269) of issued on Thursday evening, 3,493 tests were conducted with 117 samples positive.
There are no active cases in the country and 109 people have been discharged with 108 deaths.
The ministry also reminded members of the public about the ‘New Normal’ and recommended personal health measures from COVID-19:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
- Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
- Stay home if you are ill
- Clean then sanitize surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow
- Avoid touching your face