AZP News

 Morgues not Overflowing says Deyalsingh

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and Minister of Health Terrence Deyalsingh at the Arima General Hospital last year

Morgues not Overflowing says Deyalsingh

Share
  • 10
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    10
    Shares
Digiqole ad

 

By Chantalé Fletcher

MINISTER of Health Terrence Deyalsingh says contingency plans are in place for the morgues in Trinidad and Tobago.

He was responding to a question from the media on reports of shortages of morgues spaces at the country’s hospitals given the increase in Covid-19 deaths. The minister was speaking at the Ministry of Health virtual presser on Wednesday.

veer

Deyalsingh said, “Since May 2021, under the Emergency Operations Response Centre, we have been meeting with the President of the Funeral Homes Association Keith Belgrove.”

He said Belgrove has been liaising with the Chief Public Health Inspector under the Office of the Chief Medical Officer.

https://www.facebook.com/shanicprocurement/

Deyalsingh said, “Our morgues at this point in time are not over fulling or overflowing despite the reports received.”

He said, “More people are dying and we have been advising the country since August of this year that the Delta variant is coming and will lead to more deaths.

“If we don’t practice the three Ws (was hands, watch your distance and wear a mask). We are urging, begging and imploring people to get vaccinated.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *